Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Junior High Youth

Last night I had the opportunity to lead the Monday night swim and bible study with the Junior High students from Rolling Hills Christian Church. There were 17 young men and women who attended last night and they were without a doubt some of the most polite and respectful young people I have ever had the opportunity to spend time with.

When Matt and Heather invited me to be a leader in the youth group I was unsure of what I was getting myself into, but two years later there is no place I would rather be than leading, working, sharing, and growing spiritually with the youth of El Dorado Hills.

Unless you have had the opportunity to spend quality time with these young men and women you may not be able to understand what I am talking about. During the bible study time these young people are so insightful and they are eager to learn and share about what is going on in their lives.

Before the bible study time we were sitting around eating pizza and the discussions they were having were open and honest and they have so much to contribute that you just can't help but want to be involved in their lives and help them grow closer to God.

Next week I get to go to Junior High Summer Camp as one on the adult leaders and there will be approximately 80 students, I am so looking forward to it. Oh sure the 6th grade boys who will be in our Condo will push the limits, but that is their job, but for me I am excited for the opportunity to be part of their lives, to spend time in bible study and prayer with them, to cook and clean with them, and to get into a rousing game of dodge ball and capture the flag.

Life Happens when you let God take control.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather is amazing. A heart on fire for God is the most beautiful thing, and Heather has this like few I know :)
PS: linked your blog to your name on my post (hope you dont' mind).

~ Sherry